Registration is required in order to use inBiz Marketplace. Purchases made on inBiz use your inBiz account balance. Setting up an inBiz account and funding it with Izzies is therefore a necessary first step. Furthermore, your account allows your Inworldz avatar to have their purchases delivered to them directly. Registration is a simple process.
- To get started, select "Register" from the main menu at any Eclipsex-Inbiz terminal.
Purchases are made with funds in your inBiz account (these are not the same as funds in your Inworldz account). Once registered, you deposit funds into your inBiz account by "paying" an inBiz terminal. To pay a terminal, right-click the terminal to get a pie menu and select "pay" from the dialog.
You may withdraw part or all of your inBiz account balance at any time. Select "Withdraw" from the main menu of any Eclipsex-Inbiz terminal. At the next menu select the amount you would like to withdraw.
You must have an account to make a purchase. See the help links above for how to register and deposit Iz into your account. To purchase simply add items to your cart and go through the simple checkout process. The cost of the items in your cart is deducted from your inBiz account and the products are automatically delivered to you Inworldz in just a few minutes.
This is not currently implemented.
Your products should be delivered in less than 5 minutes. In rare cases it may take longer. If you do not receive your purchase in 15 minutes something has probably gone wrong.
If you do not receive a purchase, contact the merchant directly. If you are a merchant and your products are not being delivered properly, contact customer support.
How to become a marketplace merchant
Every account has the ability to sell items. The only other thing you need besides the account is a magic box in which to place your inventory. Look in the "inBiz" category for the inBiz Magic Box (it's free).
How to list an item for sale
- Get an inBiz Marketplace magic box and rez it somewhere permanently.
- Put the inventory objects that you want to sell in the box. Inventory MUST be an object (not a texture, script, notecard, or anything else). Most merchants package their products for delivery in a box.
- After changing your magic box inventory, select "Sync" from its menu to upload your inventory list to the inBiz servers (if this does not happen you need to make sure you are in a place where scripts are enabled).
- Log in to your account and go to the "Merchant Home" page.
- Select the "Manage Products" link.
- From this page you must create a product for each of your inventory items that you want to list for sale.
A few Caveats:
- You may only list each object once. This causes some people problems because they have duplicate objects in the magic boxes with different names.
- When you make a new product there is a dropdown list that shows what inventory items you have that are not already associated with a product. If you have had magic boxes in the past that you have since deleted, it is possible that its inventory will remain on this list. If this happens, notify customer support.
- You may only upload 1 image for your product at this time.
- Make sure to tell your buyers what the perms are for the object you are selling (copy, mod, trans). A separate display of these attributes is in the works.
- Test deliver the product to make sure it is working properly. You do this from the product listing page.
How do I upload inventory. My inventory is missing.
First put the inventory you want to sell in your magic box, and then select "Sync" from the magic box menu (inventory does NOT upload or change unless you manually select "Sync". Only "object" will upload (not textures, notecards, scripts, etc.). Most merchants package their items for sale in a "box".
Fees charged for selling items
During the beta testing period, sellers pay a 3% commission for each item sold. The commission that will be charged after opening to the public is to be determined. The expectation is that the commission will be between 3 and 5%. If you have an opinion on the matter, please IM Anna Debruyere.
You may sell most items provided they are deliverable Inworldz and you own the copyright, or distribution rights. You must be careful not to infringe upon any one else's copyright or trademarks. You may not sell real life objects or services through the marketplace. You may not sell anything that violates the Inworldz terms of service, or that is determined by our staff to be a potential violation of those terms. Allowed content is completely at the discretion of inBiz. You may sell adult items, but all the descriptions and images in your products must be suitable for a general audience. This means no depictions of sexual acts and no nudity. You may not sell items or services that are at cross-purposes to inBiz, or that conflict with inBiz or its mission. This includes products and services that occupy the same market niche as inBiz Marketplace (online marketplace).
HTML tags allowed in product listings
You may use the following html tags in your listings: <strong> <b> <i> <center>
Keep your magic box healthy and online
You magic box must remain rezzed in a script enabled area at all times.
Advertising and promoting your products
Advertising is the single most important factor that separates a successful business from one that fails. In a world of unlimited supply your simply MUST work to increase demand for your product. Develop a reputation for good products and good service. Get your business name out there in as many ways as you can. When people think of your category of merchant you want them to think of you. InBiz offers a number of affordable advertising opportunities. Look in the "inBiz" category for some of our advertising opportunities.
Handling copyright and trademark violations
Copyright violations, trademark infringement, and any other form of content-theft is a serious breach of your terms of service. It is the merchant's obligation to secure all permissions prior to listing an item for sale. We will typically only become involved if a complaint is made. Complaints about such violations will be taken seriously and investigated quickly. Violating product listings are removed immediately. Merchants that we perceive to willingly engage in such violations are subject to immediate account termination. Accidental infringement is expected to be corrected before re-listing.